The Second Meeting of NOWPAP Working Group 4 (WG4)
The Second Meeting of NOWPAP Working Group 4 (WG4) was held on 14-15 October 2004 in Beijing, People’s Republic of China. The meeting reviewed the progress of National Reports and the status of the development of the Remote Sensing Information Network System.
Date : 14-15 October 2004
Venue : China National Environmental Monitoring Center(CNEMC)
Beijing, People’s Republic of China
Participants : Experts of NOWPAP WG4, Invited Guest and the Secretariat
Summary of the meeting :
Overview of the WG4 activities and budgets
- The CEARAC Secretariat explained the report of CEARAC activities for 2002/2003 and the planned activities for 2004/2005.
Review on the progress made on the National Reports on RS WG4
Report on the draft National Reports
- Dr. Chenghu ZHOU presented the draft of the National Report of China.
- Dr. Ichio ASANUMA presented the draft of the National Report of Japan.
- Dr. Young-Sang SUH presented the draft of the National Report of Korea.
- Dr. Leonid MITNIK presented the draft of the National Report of Russia.
Review and agreement of the guidelines for the National Report
- In order to keep the format of the National Reports in common among the four members and to make better use of the National Report for compiling the Integrated Report, the Secretariat reminded the meeting of the guidelines for the National Report and invited a discussion about the adequacy of the guidelines.
- The meeting agreed to review the guideline for the National Report and also agreed to continue working on the National Report in accordance with the agreed schedule.
Discussion about the contents of the Integrated Report
- The Secretariat explained the draft of the proposed contents of the Integrated Report.
- The meeting discussed and agreed on the outline to combine the National Reports into the Integrated Report.
Review on the development of the Remote Sensing Information Network System
Development of the Portal Site on remote sensing
- The Secretariat reported the current progresses of CEARAC activities on development of the portal site on remote sensing.
- The meeting agreed on the development of the portal site on remote sensing and also agreed to cooperate with CEARAC for collecting link destinations from their countries.
Development of the Website on remote sensing for Oil Spill Monitoring
- Dr. Lepnid Mitnik, Russian expert, reported the current progresses of CEARAC activities on the development of the website on remote sensing for oil spill monitoring.
Information from IOC/WESTPAC Ocean Remote Sensing Program
- Dr. Hiroshi KAWAMURA, an invited guest, made a presentation on the current status of the New Generation Sea Surface Temperature Project, and their relation to the NOWPAP activities.
- The meeting agreed that the detailed information of the activities of IOC/WESTPAC was really helpful for WG4 activities.
See Report of the Second Meeting of NOWPAP Working Group 4